Re: Duplicate In-Reply-To entries in reply buffer

At Mon, 16 Jul 2012 03:01:44 -0500,
Kazuhiro Ito wrote:

> Sorry, regexp should be exactly "\\`[ \t\n]*\\(<[^>]+>\\)[ \t\n]*$\\'".
> I don't know how strict that function should be, I feel that function
> could be loose as below;
>
>  (defun elmo-msgdb-get-message-id-from-buffer ()
>   (let ((msgid (elmo-field-body "message-id")))
>     (if msgid
>       (if (string-match "<.+>" msgid)
>           (match-string 0 msgid)

I agree, but maybe that simpler regex could be "<[^>\n]+>" to guard
against things like "<foo> <bar>" by only taking the first one.

With that regex put into the change you suggest above, and the patch
that you sent on 6 July (but with the regex changed per above), I find
that my problem of duplicate In-Reply-To entries is fixed. However, I
have not tested other aspects of the patches.

I see that David backed out both his version of your 6 July changes as
well as any changes to elmo-msgdb-get-message-id-from-buffer. The
latter changes are needed to avoid recording spurious whitespace in
the elmo msgid databases and preventing
wl-summary-jump-to-msg-by-message-id from working. Ultimately we need
a good version of both sets of changes.

-Don

Consultation Disclaimer:  www.stjude.org/consultationdisclaimer