Re: Some basic WL questions

Hi Peter,

At Thu, 30 Aug 2012 09:27:01 -0400,
Peter Davis wrote:

> Hi, Erik,
>
> > I assume in this case you have an empty text part of the message
> > (sometimes bad mailers do this). You can view the html content by
> > using C-c C-v C-c when the cursor is on the [2 <text/html; UTF-8
> > (quoted-printable)>] button. Maybe that will help.
>
> Anyway to just open the HTML part by default?

I believe you want something like:

(eval-after-load "semi-setup"
  '(set-alist 'mime-view-type-subtype-score-alist '(text . html) 4))

This will prefer HTML mail for *all* emails with both an HTML and a
plain text part.

> > For the first:
> >
> > (setq elmo-message-fetch-threshold nil)
>
> Thank you!

This setting should really be the default nowadays.

> Thanks! This appears to work for new messages/threads, but not ones that
> were already read. I presume this has to do with summary caching. Any
> way to refresh this?

Oops, sorry. You need to type `s all <RET>` in a summary buffer.

best, Erik
Sent from my free software system <http://fsf.org/>.