Re: Forward: [wanderlust] Change elmo-message-fetch-threshold default value to nil. (#37)

At Mon, 10 Sep 2012 05:35:59 +0900,
Randy Bush wrote:

> > If there are no objections I'll commit this proposed modification
> > 2012-09-23.
>
> why?
>
> first, i travel for work too much and am oftn in very bad bandwidth
> situations.
>
> yes, i can hack it back in my .wl.  but the converse is also true.

Hi Randy,

I submitted this request because a previous person on the mailing list
asked how not to be prompted about large emails, and I myself have it
set to nil, because I prefer not to be prompted. I don’t really care
one way or the other, I just think that WL’s default variable settings
should be what the majority prefer, and I suspect in this case most
users prefer nil.

But perhaps it would be better if we set up a poll for list users of
WL variables that are often changed, so that we can ensure that the
default settings work for most people. For instance, I would guess
that the following settings, though not the current defaults, are
often overriden in a users ~/.wl file:

      elmo-message-fetch-threshold nil
      mime-edit-split-message nil
      wl-draft-always-delete-myself t