message errors

If I enter the correct password, Wanderlust logs in fine, but lingers during authentication, and then produces these error messages:

Login failed: elmo-imap4-clear-login

authentication is failed

If I enter an incorrect password, Emacs returns to the previous buffer. So authentication is apparently working, sans the error messages and delayed response time.

*Messages* scratch, in case it helps:

gnus-mime-setup is not found.
emh-setup is not found.
Updating addresses...done
Checking environment...
Opening TLS connection to `imap.aol.com'...
Opening TLS connection with `gnutls-cli --insecure -p 993 imap.aol.com'...done
Opening TLS connection to `imap.aol.com'...done
Authetication is failed
Opening TLS connection to `imap.aol.com'...
Opening TLS connection with `gnutls-cli --insecure -p 993 imap.aol.com'...done
Opening TLS connection to `imap.aol.com'...done
Checking environment...done
Checking type of variables...done
Initializing folder...done
Inserting group E-mail...done
Checking "%INBOX:foo@imap.aol.com:993!"
Opening TLS connection to `imap.aol.com'...
Opening TLS connection with `gnutls-cli --insecure -p 993 imap.aol.com'...done
Opening TLS connection to `imap.aol.com'...done
Authetication is failed
byte-code: Login failed: elmo-imap4-clear-login