Re: Wanderlust doesn't display either part of this message (was: [bikeinfo@massbike.org: Quick Release: Bikeable Communities...)

At Sun, 09 Sep 2012 10:26:24 -0400,
Peter Davis wrote:

> At Sun, 09 Sep 2012 16:13:27 +0200,
> David Maus wrote:
> >
> > [1  <text/plain; US-ASCII (7bit)>]
> > At Fri, 7 Sep 2012 10:42:54 -0400,
> > Peter Davis wrote:
> > >
> > > ----- Forwarded message from MassBike <bikeinfo@massbike.org> -----
> >
> > In order to help we need the entire original email:
> >
> > wl-summary-save
> >
> > C-c C-x TAB
> >
> > and some more information. What does it mean: WL doesn't display
> > either part? Are the MIME buttons present but the parts not expanded
> > or are the MIME buttons missing?
>
> Thanks, David. I saved the message, but WL is not letting me attach it
> because it doesn't recognize the MIME type for the .eml file. I tried
> message/rfc822 and even text/plain, but no go.

If WL does not know a MIME type for an attachment you always can
simply use application/octet-stream -- The MIME type is `just' a piece
of information that might help the recipient's mailer to handle the
attachment.

What do you mean by: no go? WL asks for the MIME type, then for the
subtype -- message RET rfc822 RET should work.

Best,
  -- David
--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6