Re: Wanderlust doesn't display either part of this message (was: [bikeinfo@massbike.org: Quick Release: Bikeable Communities...)

At Thu, 13 Sep 2012 23:25:17 +0900,
Kazuhiro Ito wrote:

> > > You don't need attach as message/rfc822 or text/plain.  Attaching as
> > > application/octet-stream is ok.

> > > Your attached file contains only headers.  We need the whole message.
> >
> > Thank you, Kasuhiro. I'm not sure why only the headers were included. I
> > think I followed Dave's instructions for saving the message to a file.
> >
> > Can I simply forward the message to this list? Would that help?
>
> I think David's instruction is one of the simplest way to forward
> message as-is with Wanderlust.  If you have that mail in gmail, try
> below procedure.
>
> 1. Show the message with your web browser.
>
> 2. Click 'More' down arrow and select 'Show original'. See (*1) for
> details.
>
> (*1) http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=22454
>
> 3. Save the showed raw message.
>
> 4. Attach it with Wanderlust or other mailers as "application/octet-stream".

Thank you, Kazuhiro. (Sorry about the typo in my earlier reply.) I
thought I had followed David's instructions (wl-summary-save) but
apparently whatever I did saved only the header portion of the
message. Simply forwarding the message from WL seemed to work.

However, I remain in the dark about why Wanderlust sometimes displays
the HTML part, and sometimes not. For example, after I forwarded an HTML
message to this list, Wanderlust began displaying the message whenever
I opened it, even if I exit emacs and restart. However, other HTML
messages do not display. So I'm guessing forwarding the message caused
Wanderlust to write some flag to the message header (or the summary
buffer) that has the side effect that WL now displays the HTML.

I will experiment with various settings in my .wl file, such as the ones
Erik suggested, to see if I can make this behave more consistently.

Thank you,
-pd