Re: gnutls error

> Oh damn, right.  And I guess I didn't hide the server after all :).
>
> When I specify --starttls it does seem to succeed:
>
>     $ gnutls-cli --verbose --port 465 --insecure  --starttls --x509cafile /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt smtp.rabbitmq.com

Because --starttls option makes gnutls-cli to establish a plain
session, errors related certificate never occur at this step.  If you
want to dig what happens, you need to start TLS explicitly.

1. After the plain session is established, send `STARTTLS' commands to
your SMTP server.

STARTTLS

2. Send SIGALRM to gnutls-cli

$ kill -ALRM (process id of gnults-cli)