Re: how do I expand multipart/related parts?

I have encountered the similar problem.  In my case, the header was multipart/mixed rather than multipart/related, but the mail was also sent by Apple Mail.

Perhaps this might work well also for you.

(eval-after-load "semi-setup"
  '(progn
     (set-modified-alist 'mime-view-type-subtype-score-alist
                         '(((multipart . mixed) . 3)))
     (set-modified-alist 'mime-view-type-subtype-score-alist
                         '(((multipart . related) . 3)))
     ))

Best,
Shingo Tanaka

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 11:03 AM, Greg A. Woods <woods-wl-en-l@planix.com> wrote:
At Sun, 04 Nov 2012 08:52:06 +0100, David Maus <dmaus@ictsoc.de> wrote:
Subject: Re: how do I expand multipart/related parts?

> At Wed, 31 Oct 2012 15:45:53 -0700,
> Greg A. Woods wrote:
> >
> > I received a message forwarded by an Apple Mail user where the original
> > contains a bunch of attached messages.
> >
> > When I received the forwarded copy I just see the attachment "within"
> > the forwarded message as a button showing just:
> >
> >     [2  <multipart/related (7bit)>]
> >
> > All I seem to be able to do with that attachment is to save it to disk.
> >
> > (obviously it all shows up nicely in Apple Mail)
> >
> > Perhaps this is partly related to the fact that I've told WL that I
> > don't ever want it to render HTML, but that should happen at the next
> > level, not here at the outer multipart level.
> >
> > What I'd like to see it do though is show me all the multipart
> > attachments individually and then just not render the HTML part.
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestions for what I might try?
>
> Did you try to unfold the MIME part via C-c C-t C-c?

I had not until Randy reminded me to try that.

Unfortunately all that does is unwrap the most immediate next part in
the message, i.e. the HTML part, not all of the remaining parts, i.e. I
still don't see any of the photos, nor do I even see any new MIME
buttons to help me to open them up.  I.e. now I see just this:

        [2  <multipart/related (7bit)>]
        [2.1  <text/html; utf-8 (quoted-printable)>]

and nothing more.

--
                                                Greg A. Woods
                                                Planix, Inc.