Re: wanderlust and mew - which might be best choice for me?

I edit the .folders by hand. I did run into one nasty bug/feature:
If a commended line has a space before the "#" wl crashes.

I'm using wl through el-get.

Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 07:29:29 -0700
From: egh@e6h.org
Subject: Re: wanderlust and mew - which might be best choice for me?
To: kgunders@teamcool.net
CC: wl-en@ml.gentei.org

At Thu, 10 May 2012 00:36:26 -0600,
Ken Gunderson wrote:
> Hi Erik:
>
> Good to see that life does still exist in Wanderlust :)
>
> I decided that Wanderlust looked to be the more featureful of the
> two and decided to take it for a test drive. Took more hours than
> I'd want to admit just to access my one of my accounts. The docs
> were less than clear regarding .folders file. At least for
> me. Found some example files on the 'net and as you may surmise from
> the headers I at least now have minimal functionality working.
> Looks worthy of further exploration. Need to figure out how to wrap
> at 72 chars though, so pardon the long line length.
>
> Thanks for your perspective-- Ken

Hi Ken,

I don’t think it is unusual to take a few hours just to get started
with WL, unfortunately.

My advice is to never edit your ~/.folders file by hand. For some
reason many tutorials seem to suggest doing this. I don’t know
why. All the functionality is available in the WL folder manager, and
then you don’t have to worry about the syntax of the ~/.folders file.

M-q is emacs for wrap paragraph.

best, Erik

Sent from my free software system .