Re: wanderlust and mew - which might be best choice for me?

> My advice is to never edit your ~/.folders file by hand. For some
> reason many tutorials seem to suggest doing this. I don’t know
> why. All the functionality is available in the WL folder manager, and
> then you don’t have to worry about the syntax of the ~/.folders file.

i edit by hand for two reasons.  first, i like emacs, and am not exited
by a new editor, which is essentially what in-wl folder list editing is.
i will do a simple m-a, but will edit .folders for any serious moving,
sorting, ...

not a chance in hell i can remember
    %mailinglist-12:corjb/clear@email.flobnitz.ac.uk:993!
to type it in correctly when adding a new mailbox on that server.

ymmv

randy