BBDB Horking Up Subject Header

Hello Again:

I finally got around to configuring wl to use bbdb and all seemed well
(other than bbdb and flspell both competing for ESC TAB keybinding -
flyspell won) until I tried sending mail to recipient with multiple
"net" entries, whereupon selection of desired address resulted not
only in that address being inserted into "To:" field but also chomping
into "Subject:" header field in the draft buffer.  This occurs to
various degrees depending upon how long the "net" address is,
e.g. maybe only leaving the "t" or maybe leaving "ject".

Nothing special bbdb related in my .emacs:

(require 'bbdb)
(bbdb-initialize)

Nor my .wl:

(require 'bbdb-wl)
(bbdb-wl-setup)
(setq bbdb-use-pop-up nil)
(setq bbdb/mail-auto-create-p nil)
(setq wl-summary-from-function 'bbdb-wl-from-func)

Is this a known wl issue or something insidious....???

Regards-- Ken