Re: wanderlust install question

Hi

Would really like to try wanderlust, but have been stymied so far in
getting it running.

Instructions below got me to where I can at least run wanderlust, but
among other things, it doesn't seem to install the documentation
(infofiles), which would hopefully help me figure out what I'm messing
up.

Andreas Davour <andreas.davour@snowmen.se> writes:

> At Mon, 02 Sep 2013 18:45:23 +0200,
> David Maus wrote:

> > > But retrying three times apparently. Sheesh! What a piece of junk.

FWIW, el-get didn't get me very far. When I run it, emacs either just hangs
(providing  no useful feedback), or says "Couldn't clone el-get from
the Git repository: http://github.com/dimitri/el-get.git";, even though
I can reach the URL fine in my browser.

> > I don't use a package manager at all, just:
> >
> >  git clone https://github.com/wanderlust/apel.git
> >  git clone https://github.com/wanderlust/semi.git
> >  git clone https://github.com/wanderlust/flim.git
> >  git clone https://github.com/wanderlust/wanderlust.git
> >
> > Add the required directories to load-path and that's it.

> That actually seems like the easiest way. Thanks.

Did the above, but when trying to run wl, it complains "wl-news" not
found (or some such). Turns out that the file "wl/wl-news.el" is
misnamed as "wl-news.el.in". After fixing that, I can run wl, but
don't seem to have wanderlust documentation available.

(And mime doesn't seem to be working by default, as I'm just seeing
ascii, but that's another story.)

Thanks in advance!

Thomas