Re: wanderlust install question

Hi Thomas,

At Wed, 08 Jan 2014 18:26:59 -0500,
Thomas Narten wrote:

> […]
>
> A lot of mail has long lines that don't automatically wrap. Is there
> an easy fix?  I have tried the filladapt code at
> http://emacs-fu.blogspot.com/2010/02/i-have-been-using-wanderlust-e-mail.html,
> but it doesn't seem to work on all messages. It has no effect on
> some... (Also, there doesn't seem to be  an "undo" to reverse the process --
> sometimes the reformatted text is even less readable)

I just hit M-q a lot. There’s probably a better way, though.

Or do you mean you want to wrap other people’s email? For that I use
this handy bit of code:

(defun ri:wl-summary-fill-message (all)
  (interactive "P")
  (if (and wl-message-buffer (get-buffer-window wl-message-buffer))
      (progn
        (wl-summary-toggle-disp-msg 'on)
        (save-excursion
          (set-buffer wl-message-buffer)
          (goto-char (point-min))
          (re-search-forward "^$")
          (while (or (looking-at "^\\[[1-9]") (looking-at "^$"))
            (forward-line 1))
          (let ((buffer-read-only nil)
                (start (point))
                (end (if all
                         (point-max)
                       (if (or (re-search-forward "^[^>\n]* wrote:[ \n]+" nil t)
                               (re-search-forward "^>>>>>" nil t)
                               (re-search-forward "^ *>.*\n *>" nil t))
                           (match-beginning 0)
                         (point-max)))))
            (save-restriction
              (narrow-to-region start end)
              (filladapt-mode 1)
              (fill-region (point-min) (point-max)))))
        (message "Message re-filled"))
    (message "No message to re-fill")))

(define-key wl-summary-mode-map "L" 'ri:wl-summary-fill-message)

> Also, I'm switching from MH and really miss the "-nocc" flag to prevent
> cc's going back to me when I reply. I dump all outgoing mail into a
> local folder, so I really don't need to also cc myself. Surely there
> is a flag/setting for this?

(setq wl-draft-always-delete-myself t)

> Finally, is there an easy way to go directly to a particular folder? E.g., I
> constantly switch back and forth between multiple folders. Do I really
> need to exit the current Folder, go back to Summary and then re-visit
> another Folder?  Wl seems to keep only one Folder around, not a Folder
> per actual folder.

(setq wl-summary-always-sticky-folder-list t)

Set this and your summary buffers stick around.

Hope that helps!

best, Erik

--
Sent from my free software system <http://fsf.org/>.