IMAP setup questions (when using wanderlust)

I'm a novice to IMAP, so apologies if these should be obvious...

How can I specify the remote IMAP directory where my mail files should
be?

By default, when playing around, I seem to have created
folders/directories in my home directory on the remote machine...

Thunderbird (under Account Settings->Server Settings->Advanced) allows
one to enter an "IMAP  server directory". Ditto on my droid phone.

What about for wanderlust?

Also, are there special incantations needed to get the

/%

operation in .folders to expand the list of remote folders when you
have multiple IMAP accounts? I've gotten it to show me gmail
subfolders, but am having trouble getting it to do the same on a
different account, and getting expansions from mulitple accounts seems
particularly problematical. The variables elmo-imap4-default-server
and the like seem to be designed around a single account.

Thanks!

Thomas