Re: Soliciting clue for teething problems

On Sat, 11 Jan 2014 18:01:43 -0800, Erik Hetzner wrote:

> Iʼm glad you got everything working!

	Thanks for your help, Erik.  Thanks also to Randy Bush for
	some useful off-list suggestions.  There are still a few loose
	ends. I'm sure I'll have more questions!

> One of the big problems here is needed servers to test against. So
> if anybody knows of public servers that can be tested against that
> create issues, if you could send them to me or the list, I can have
> a look at improving the error reporting. It would be great if you
> could also specify the connection method (openssl binary, gnutls
> binary, or internal gnutls) and the OS that causes the issue.

	I expect that it may be useful to mention the versions of WL,
	Emacs, and the external binary (if any) which are involved
	also.

> We can then try to figure out how to provide better error reporting
> to the user when connections are refused for self-signed certs,
> overly long cert chains, etc.

	Thanks again,
	Niall