Re: Soliciting clue for teething problems

At Fri, 10 Jan 2014 16:30:42 +0000,
Niall O'Reilly wrote:

[...]
> 	That seems to be keyed on the same tags as are used in the
> 	suffix on folder specifications in ~/.folders ("!", "!!",
> 	"!socks", "!direct").  For SMTP, the variable
> 	wl-smtp-connection-type seems to be what drives selection of
> 	SSL/STARTTLS or whatever.  Is there another variable I need to
> 	look at, or is the SYMBOL element in
> 	elmo-network-stream-type-alist used to match the connection
> 	type?

Hi,

may be you are already aware of it, but there is also

  (setq elmo-imap4-default-stream-type 'ssl)

or

  (setq elmo-imap4-default-stream-type 'starttls)

Just another question around this: I set the following:

(setq wl-smtp-authenticate-type "plain")
(setq elmo-imap4-default-authenticate-type 'clear)

and use ssl resp. starttls connections  to both smtp and imap servers.
Can  I assume  that in  this case,  the password  is part  of the  ssl
stream?

Best regards
Jürgen