Re: S/MIME with Wanderlust

Hi,

> Would there be a way to configure WL to deal with s/mime (smime)
> encrypted emails?

SEMI-EPG's EasyPG support was merged from EMIKO-EasyPG, which is the
variant of (old) SEMI written by Daiki Ueno, the author of EasyPG.
SEMI-EPG is expected to support S/MIME because EMIKO-EasyPG supports
S/MIME.  But I have never used nor tested S/MIME support because I
don't have S/MIME certificates nor have received S/MIME message.

SEMI-EPG uses gpgsm program which included with gpg2 package.  But I
can't say more details because of the above reason.

p.s.
I have verified application/pkcs7-signature part in your last post
with SEMI-EPG + gpgsm for the first time, and no trouble occured.

SEMI has own S/MIME support by smime.el bundled with SEMI.  But there
are known problems.

  1. I don't know where to get smime executable which SEMI's smime.el
  requries.  It is not compatible with OpenSSL's smime command.

  2. SEMI's smime.el may conflict with GNUS's smime.el, which is
  bundled with Emacs and uses OpenSSL.

--
Kazuhiro Ito