Occasional problem displaying message

Hello.

I'm having a problem which occurs often enough to be a nuisance, but
not frequently enough either for me to see what the cause might be or
for me to decide that WL sucks just as badly as any other MUA.

What I'm seeing is that the "*WL:Message*-nnnnnn" buffer presented
with dead whitespace prefixed to the beginning of the message, before
the first header line ("To:").

By "dead", I mean that this whitespace cannot be traversed using arrow
keys, C-B, or M-<; the cursor simply cannot be moved back beyond the
beginning of the first header line.  C-L doesn't help either.

Sometimes, the whitespace exceeds the size of the message-buffer
window, so that nothing of the message is shown. In this case, if the
message is long enough, some combination of C-V and C-L may help.
Success in displaying the message seems to depend on finding a way to
position the message so that the first header line is scrolled off the
top of the window.

The Emacs I'm running (on OSX Mavericks) is a recent download from
http://emacsformacosx.com/.  I've installed wanderlust using el-get.
Versions are shown in the "User-Agent:" header above.

I'ld appreciate any helpful advice.

Best regards,
Niall O'Reilly