Re: Saving attachments

Hi Greg,

Here is a solution that I came up with, if you a modern desktop. I
have tried this with a number of messages with different types of
attachments, but I’m not sure if it will work universally.

First,

  (setq mime-view-mailcap-files '("~/.mailcap"))

This needs to be done *before* SEMI is loaded. You can use
customize-variable for this. Next, use the following (and only the
following) in your ~/.mailcap file:

  application/*; xdg-open %s
  image/*; xdg-open %s
  text/*; xdg-open %s
  video/*; xdg-open %s
  audio/*; xdg-open %s

Finally:

  (setq mime-play-find-every-situations nil)

This depends on having a command, `xdg-open`, that can deal with all
types of files. This should be present on modern Linux desktops. I
believe there is a similar command on a Mac.

Now I think that using `v` or `e` will find only one solution for
every media type, either open in xdg-open or save using
wl-mime-save-content.

best, Erik

--
Sent from my free software system <http://fsf.org/>.