Re: wanderlust is sooo slooowww...

Hi Ken,

> Been using Wanderlust for a couple years now.  Worked great up until a
> few months back whereupon searching folders became just plain borked
> and checking imap folders dog slow (e.g. 2-3 secs vs. 12-15 secs).

Both of these operations are implemented as server-side searches:
Wanderlust merely sends a search command to the server, and the server
does all of the real work.  If searching has become slow, that has most
probably nothing to do with Wanderlust, it's your server being overloaded.

> Until recently (emacs 24.4) wanderlust-20140210-1 worked while anything
> wanderlust-20140515-1 and later exhibited problems cited above.

Can you confirm that downgrading to 20140210-1 fixes your issues?
I suspect the server got slower as it becomes overloaded, and that this
merely coincided with you upgrading Wanderlust.

> Would prefer to stick with Wanderlust but need some help in debugging
> this, as I'm not a e/lisp guy.

If you cannot switch to a faster server, you'll need a mail client that
performs searches client-side.  There's just no way around it.

-- Juliusz