Re: privacy

Ed,

I have some thoughts on this. I prefered the capability in scott's second
to the last proposal [1] -- I also have an issue with the IESG deciding
what in the most appropiate methodology.

finally I would appreciate it if the IESG would post these discussion to
the public list as private discussions are just that, private. Since we
are discussing the privacy of end-users information (that will eventually
be published in whois) it seems silly that we are not involved in the
discussion and decision process on this topic.

Lets put the proposal [1] back on the table and if the IESG has an issue
with it lets here from the IESG in this wg, not through our
DOCUMENT-EDITOR or the CHAIR but involve those members of the IESG that
have a problem with it.

-rick

[1] http://www.cafax.se/ietf-provreg/maillist/2002-12/msg00093.html