Re: [Fwd: Request for Advice on VGRS IDN Announcement]

At Tue, 7 Jan 2003 22:43:23 +0100, Patrik Faltstrom wrote:

> Good point. Thanks for checking Rob!

Thank Ted, I was just the keyboard monkey.

> > In addition, this behavior means that the .com and .net zones cannot
> > be signed according to any of the current proposals for
> > DNSSEC. Opt-sideways, as Rob calls the proposal which would otherwise
> > trigger spam filters, is spec'ed for delegation-only zones which
> > .com and .net are no longer.
>
> LOFL!
>
> Signing these things?

This is the part that most worries me.  DNS as a "naming" system has
been broken for a while now, so while I admire folks who have the
stamina to get outraged about still more toxic waste being poured into
that swamp, it's long since past saving.  If, however, this nonsense
makes the .COM and .NET zones unsignable, then we have a serious
problem for DNS even viewed as an identifier system.