Re: Unicode Public Review Issues update

On tisdag, feb 4, 2003, at 15:50 Europe/Stockholm, RJ Atkinson wrote:

	I have heard, but have not had time to confirm myself,
that the Unicode normalisation scheme (hence also our NamePrep for IDN)
does not correctly handle the case of Vietnamese Quoc Ngu.
What is needed is not a random person, but someone which know more than one usage of it (if that exists).

I.e. it is very easy to find "bugs" related to the use of a specific block in a specific context (latin characters in Swedish in Sweden), but very hard to say whether the decision by UTC was "very wrong".

Further, this is exactly why the IESG this coming thursday will discuss once again a statement on what decisions a registry have to make before accepting registrations according to IDNA. The proposal is what I sent to IESG and IAB, with changes based on input from Fred, the only input I got actually...

paf