Re: Unicode Public Review Issues update

On tisdag, feb 4, 2003, at 15:50 Europe/Stockholm, RJ Atkinson wrote:

	I have heard, but have not had time to confirm myself,
that the Unicode normalisation scheme (hence also our NamePrep for IDN)
does not correctly handle the case of Vietnamese Quoc Ngu.

	It would be nice if we could find someone to confirm that.
One more thing. My previous message was NOT a way of saying "no, don't go there". The contrary. We need more people which know Unicode and what it means to use characters and charsets on a global level. The keyword is though _GLOBAL_. That's my point.

If your contact also know the people which introduced the Vietnamese scripts in UTC, the better.

paf