Re: Promoting the IETF meetings

"Steven M. Bellovin" <smb@research.att.com> writes:

> In message <213990000.1045553110@askvoll.hjemme.alvestrand.no>, Harald Tveit Al
> vestrand writes:
> >Lynn asked me if we should announce the IETF meetings on the ISOC site.
> >
> >I replied that I saw no real reason not to put the IETF meetings in the
> >left-hand column of her front page; we're not at a point where a few more
> >people knowing about the meeting is going to hurt us.
> >

> Agreed.

I don't have a problem with announcing the meeting on the ISOC
site but I'm concerned by the rationale implied by the message
Harald quoted, namely to make money. I'd certainly first want
to understand *why* money is being lost before deciding that
the appropriate thing to do is market IETF better.

-Ekr

--
[Eric Rescorla                                   ekr@rtfm.com]
                http://www.rtfm.com/