Re: Promoting the IETF meetings

Harald Tveit Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> writes:
> >> more staff.
> >> fewer attendees.
> > But not this one. Costs for IETF should scale roughly with the
> > number of attendees. If we have a lot of fixed costs that don't
> > scale that way we need to ask why.
> >

> check the 2001 numbers. none of the non-meeting expenses scale with
> the number of attendees. (some of them scale a bit with the number of
> internet-drafts....)

That may be the case but you couldn't tell it from the numbers
that were posted. We have $1.1 million in salary and "Indirect
expenses". Without knowing how this money is spent it's very
hard to tell whether or not these expenses scale with meeting
size.

-Ekr

--
[Eric Rescorla                                   ekr@rtfm.com]