Telechat agenda topic: IANA MIB Copyright

The topic is: IANA MIB Copyright

We recently made a IESG statement about MIB/PIB copyright
to be included in MIB modules as per:

    http://www.ietf.org/IESG/STATEMENTS/MIB-COPYRIGHT.txt

The problem/issue has now been raised that the IANA maintained
MIB modules. We currently have 5 of those, and another 4 or so
are on the horizon.

The suggestion has been made to put in something like:

    Copyright (C) The Internet Society (year).  The
    initial version of this MIB module was published
    in coordination with RFC xxxx. For full legal
    notices see http://wwww.iana.org/xxx.

And then prepare a full copyright statement at that xxx web page.

There are also some IANA MIB modules that never were part of an
RFC. For those, I would suggest to make the statement:

    Copyright (C) The Internet Society (year).  For full legal
    notices see http://wwww.iana.org/xxx.

IANA would need to update the year (I think) once they make changes
in a new year.

Thanks,
Bert