Re: Last Call: IANA Considerations for RADIUS to Proposed Standard

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, The IESG wrote:
> The IESG has received a request to consider IANA Considerations for
> RADIUS <draft-aboba-radius-iana-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This
> has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF Working
> Group.

It seems to me rather strange to seek standards-track status for this
document (despite the fact that it updates RFC 2865) since it is not
a technical specification but rather describes procedures and policies
for allocating RADIUS codepoints.  It's not clear, for instance, how
one would go about doing the interoperability tests needed to advance
this document along the standards track.  It seems that the target
category should be BCP and not standards-track.

Regards,

Mike Heard