RE: Last Call: IANA Considerations for RADIUS to Proposed Standard

IESG:

The IANA has reviewed the following Internet-Draft which is in Last
Call: <draft-aboba-radius-iana-01.txt>, and
has the following comments with regards to the publication of this
document:

I see that the RFC 2882 codes never got in the registry.  It was
published right before I started working on this stuff.  :)

In section 2.1 where it talks about expert review, it it possible
to add that the IANA will be notified by the expert if a request
is approved or denied?

I understand the registration requirements to be as follows:

Packet Types - Standards Action

Attribute Types - 101-191 by IETF Consensus (I know there is still
                  dicussion on what that exactly means)

Attribute Types - 192-240 Not allocated by IANA (experimental and
                  implementation specific)

Attribute Types - 241-255 by Standards Action

Attribute Type Values - Designated Expert with Spec required

  Exception - Service-Type Attribute by IETF Consensus

This document helps the IANA considerably.  Thank you!!

I did see some additional discussion on the IESG list.  If the outcome
of those comments change the registration procedures, please let me know.

Please respond to the IANA about our concerns with regards to this
document.  Failing to do so may cause delay of the approval and
publication of your document.

Thank you.

Michelle S. Cotton
(on behalf of the IANA)