RE: "Stuckees?"

> Let's put that question aside,
> for the moment, though, and look at the broader question:
> does the IETF need this role (whatever it is called) at this point?

I'm not sure.  I like the idea of people being obligated to pay
attention to draft revisions in a timely fashion, but I see a
couple of potential downsides:
- The obligation to pay attention could result in apparent interest
	in and hence a longer life for a draft that deserves to be
	put out of its misery in a prompt and humane fashion.
- Recalling the discussion about I-D authorship as a measure of
	job performance, we may see people whose PHB's set goals
	for them to become "core WG members".
Both of these can generate interest in a draft that is based on
something other than technical utility/merit/etc.  That's not
necessarily fatal to the idea, but it could increase the effort
required to discern the real level of interest in something
when that needs to be determined (cf. past discussions about
AD workload, as deciding whether to continue to work on something
can often entail AD involvement).

Thanks,
--David
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
black_david@emc.com        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754