Re: Comments on draft-iesg-charter-02.txt

Hi Scott,

At 03:25 PM 3/10/2003 -0500, Scott  Bradner wrote:

> I have looked in other process documents, and I have not found
> any process for adding/removing liaison positions.  Is this something
> that can be done by IESG consensus, whenever the IESG believes that
> a change is needed?  If so, I think that this document should say so.

dealing with liaison positions is in the IAB's charter
I was speaking specifically about the liaisons to the IESG that
are defined in draft-iesg-charter-02.txt.  Does the IAB really
decide what liaison positions are part of the IESG?  I thought that
the IAB was only responsible for external liaisons.

The IESG charter document includes a list of liaison positions
that are part of the IESG at this time, wtih the implication
that the list may change.  I was wondering who has change
control over the list.  I think that the IESG has change control
over this list, which is fine...  It just ought to say so somewhere.

I certainly agree that the appointment of humans to serve in these
IESG positions should not be handled by IETF consensus.  Liaisons are
generally selected by the bodies that they represent (the IAB, the
RFC Editor, etc.).

Margaret