Re: Scheduling of IESG retreat

Thanks for the offer, Ned!

We'll take this on Sunday; we seem to be converging pretty solidly on May, so the vacation thing should not be an issue.

--On tirsdag, mars 11, 2003 08:00:17 -0800 ned.freed@mrochek.com wrote:

Folks,

the preliminary returns are now up on
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/iesg/retreat-2003/scheduling.html

The two times that SO FAR seem optimal are:

- May 6-7
- June 5-6

Of the two, I'd much prefer the first one; earlier is better - even
though it collides with my oldest daughter's birthday....

I think the most likely location is the US, given that we were in Europe
last year, and the new people are all US-based; the US East Coast is a
convenient "average" location, I think - but people who can suggest good
places to have the meeting are welcome to suggest them!
Harald, if you'd consider a left coast location I'd be willing to host the
meeting at my home. You've been here so you know I can handle a group the
size of the IESG with ease. The closest airport -- Ontario -- is only 20
minutes away and there's a hotel within walking distance of my house.
Food should not be a problem either: The Claremont Village is only a few
minutes away and there are lots of restaurants, some of which offer
catering services. (Sushi is only a short walk, but it is pretty bad so I
suggest a short drive to a much better restaurant...)

Another alternative would be the Sun office in West Covina. We have
plenty of space, but I suspect most people can take or leave Yet Another
Conference Room. Airport access also isn't as good.

The only issue I can see is that the June date may be close to graduation
for some of the local colleges, which could make hotel availability an
issue.

				Ned

P.S. Further info about local restaurants can be found at:

   http://www.claremontca.com/Dining_in_Clmt.htm

Also, the design/build company that built our house has a nice web site
with pictures of the homes they have built, so you can see what our place
looks like:

  http://hartmanbaldwin.com/projects/residential/FREE/index.html