Re: address directorate ping

--On tirsdag, mars 11, 2003 11:08:01 -0500 Randy Bush <randy@psg.com> wrote:

while it is not required that directorates have charters, there
seems to be some sentiment that this directorate should have one,
maybe inspired by the growing ietf tendency to be more interested
in process than product.
when we create wg charters, the usual mantra is "if you can't explain it to us, how can we tell that you know what you're doing"....

for a first draft, see http://ops.ietf.org/add-dir.html

something evil happened to Håvard's name, I think...
nits:

I can't parse this sentence:

"...who deal with internet addressing operational and engineering issues"

I think you mean "...who deal with operational and engineering issues related to the use and management of addresses in the Internet".

Since I love long convoluted sentences with lots of buzzwords in them, I'd also like to add something like

"The addresses that are considered by this directorate will include IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, unicast, multicast and other types."

just to get people thinking in the right direction (ie neither DNS nor ethernet).

unless that's not what we want, of course.