RE: how to deal with liaison statements

> I think its a good idea for some types of messages but for others
> (a half page of questions for example) it may be overkill

xml2rfc is your friend.  takes as much time to hack out an i-d as
a microsloth email

> but even if they do create an ID they worry that they need some
> way to make sure that it does not fall into a black hole

and that is the real problem.  and i agree we need to address it.
but i am not sure writing more process and rules will solve it.
it should just be a normal secretariat function to see that they
are received, get thank yous, get shoved up the responsible ADs
and wg chairs, and then ticklered for response.

randy