RE: how to deal with liaison statements

At 05:55 PM 3/13/2003 -0500, Randy Bush wrote:
> but even if they do create an ID they worry that they need some
> way to make sure that it does not fall into a black hole

and that is the real problem.  and i agree we need to address it.
but i am not sure writing more process and rules will solve it.
it should just be a normal secretariat function to see that they
are received, get thank yous, get shoved up the responsible ADs
and wg chairs, and then ticklered for response.
yes, we very much agree there. Part of that is documenting for the working group chairs what it means to "respond". To my thinking, an email back is sufficient, but it pretty clearly isn't in their minds, and if they don't recognize the message they think they haven't received it.