Re: WG Chairs Training

pregen@egenconsulting.com wrote:

> Regarding the naming of drafts - there is also the problem of someone
> putting a working group name in the title and on the draft itself, yet
> there has been no discussion with the WG on either the list or otherwise.
> People sometimes assume that since this is "about" a topic that a WG is
> managing then it is ok to say the draft is part of that WG.  When this new
> draft is not on that WG's charter, life gets interesting.

I believe the wg chair needs to approve any docs of the form
draft-ietf-wgname-xxx-00.  So, these docs shouldn't be surprises.  But
having the wg name in the filename can be helpful in allowing people
to find related work.  I find it useful to have non-wg drafts take the
format draft-author-wgname-xxx.  Note the lack of 'ietf' in the
filename.

--aaron