Re: please review rfc-index.xml

At 07:30 PM 3/18/2003 -0500, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
I'm delighted to see this -- I've long wanted something like this.
ditto. opening it is xmlspy, I got a message "file cannot be validated: unable to locate external dtd, schema, or entity source 'rfc-index.xsd'". I assume that means that it ran out on the net but didn't find the schema file. But it was able to understand the file, I guess.

I compared the xml2rfc RFC reference library to the RFC descriptions in your file, and it looks like the necessary data is there. Your is more complete, and for bibliographic purposes I think it is an improvement.

--- xml2rfc data ---
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<reference anchor="RFC3506">
<front>
<title>Requirements and Design for Voucher Trading System (VTS)</title>
<author initials="K." surname="Fujimura" fullname="K. Fujimura">
<organization/>
</author>
<author initials="D." surname="Eastlake" fullname="D. Eastlake">
<organization/>
</author>
<date month="March" year="2003"/>
</front>
<seriesInfo name="RFC" value="3506"/>
<format type="TXT" octets="30945" target="ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc3506.txt"/>
</reference>

--- RFC Editor data ---
<rfc-entry>
<doc-id>RFC3506</doc-id>
<title>Requirements and Design for Voucher Trading System (VTS)</title>
<author>
<name>K. Fujimura</name>
</author>
<author>
<name>D. Eastlake</name>
</author>
<date>
<month>March</month>
<year>2003</year>
</date>
<format>
<file-format>ASCII</file-format>
<char-count>30945</char-count>
<page-count>15</page-count>
</format>
<keywords>
<kw>genericvoucherlanguage</kw>
<kw>gvl</kw>
</keywords>
<abstract>Crediting loyalty points and collecting digital coupons or gift certificates are common functions in purchasing and trading transactions. These activities can be generalized using the concept of a "voucher", which is a digital representation of the right to claim goods or services. This document presents a Voucher Trading System (VTS) that circulates vouchers securely and its terminology; it lists design principles and requirements for VTS and the Generic Voucher Language (GVL), with which diverse types of vouchers can be described.</abstract>
<current-status>INFORMATIONAL</current-status>
<publication-status>INFORMATIONAL</publication-status>
</rfc-entry>