Re: [ietf-provreg] EPP, data, actors, and access

Ed,

A quick reply, between kidz on my end, and distractions on yours.

> Let's do this as a first order approximation - is it possible to
> specify whether a data item (call it what you will) is not allowed to
> be repeated by the registry to any one other than the registrar that
> submitted it?  Is this something that is common enough to be
> understood by all?  Is this potentially sufficient to satisfy all
> people's needs here?

The registry can assert that this is its policy via the <dcp>.

Where the value is in having the registrar attempt to bind such a policy
to a data item (I'm partial to mumbles and globs), rather than having a
policy bound to the mumble or glob by the registry is possibly an article
of religious faith.

I've written why the converse is true, possibly in moments of religious
euphoria.

Eric