From: pwe3-admin@ietf.org [mailto:pwe3-admin@ietf.org] On Behalf Of
Rahul Aggarwal
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 5:23 PM
To: pwe3@ietf.org
Cc: luca@level3.net
Subject: [PWE3] draft-ietf-pwe3-ethernet-encap-02.txt: Tagged mode

Hi Luca,

Wanted to re-iterate my comment about the tagged mode in the ethernet
encapsulation draft. There is a value in having the tagged mode and
there
are several reasons for it:
    - Bunch of existing implementations; inter-operability and some
      deployment
    - Router hardware that cannot insert vlan tags on the egress PE

Some people might argue that all can be achieved with the raw mode and a
NSP function. No one is stopping them from using only the raw mode in
that
case :) But there are several of us who want the tagged mode to stay
there
and IMHO we should keep it that way.

thanks,
rahul