From: Wijnen, Bert (Bert)
Sent: zondag 23 maart 2003 6:33
To: Kireeti Kompella (E-mail); George Swallow (E-mail); Loa Andersson
(E-mail); Ron Bonica (E-mail)
Cc: Alex Zinin (E-mail); bwijnen@lucent.com; Scott Bradner (E-mail);
Allison Mankin (E-mail)
Subject: ASON and their improper use of RSVP

So... as you may have seen, I have composed a set
of RFC-Editor edits for rfc3475-to-be. See my other
email about this.

Now... I would like CCAMP and/or MPLS WG to prepare
two Liason or Communication statements to the ITU-T SG15.

They are:
1. A statement that reports a fatal flaw in how they
   deal with ResvErr and ResvTear.
   The statement should have a detailed description of
   why it is flawed. It should also suggest a fix, which
   I think is that the ASON implementations MUST just
   adhere to the documented ResvTear and ResvErr behaviour.

2. A statement that describes how they could have done their
   call/connection separation much more simpler by re-using
   much more of the existing objects (that is what I think
   I now understand is the claim from some of you).
   I guess we should recommend that they change their
   documents accordingly. Not sure if they will do so,
   but at least we can propose/suggest.

I think it would be good to review those liason-statements-to-be
with the CCAMP and/or MPLS WG participants before we send them.

I also want to have the statement for item 1. above reviewed
by the neutral/independent RSVP expert that I have consolted
during last IETF. I will not reveal his/her name, so as to
try and keep the person as neutral as possible.

Does this sound as a good plan?
Can we try and do this in the next month, so finish by April 30th?

Thanks,
Bert