RE: Please put back on agenda: draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-sonet-sdh

Allison,

> I am sorry for not replying (not feeling well):  my idea of
> the sensitivity of SONET or SDH was their carriage of both
> control and payload of large amounts of voice and data
> infrastructure.

Aha... but this document only describes the transport of control
(i.e. the control plane) and it transports it over IP, which in
fact can (and I believe in many cases will) be out of band of the
normal sonet data plane.

> But, Bert, sorry, you don't need to put this document
> on the agenda, I'm withdrawing any need for my "discussion" of it.
> I expect that the security that's there is enough.

OK. just wanted to make sure that your potential concerns were
properly considered.

> I know that the PWE3 SONET and SDH services are not secure enough
> yet and this was what made me wary.

OK. I guess that is a different story.

Bert