Re: Proposed resolution of the AD-shepherded info/experimentalnon-WG document issue

--On tirsdag, april 08, 2003 14:41:41 -0500 Thomas Narten <narten@us.ibm.com> wrote:

I suggest that we add the following text to the IESG charter:

	    When an AD decides that an Informational or
            Experimental document is of particular importance to the
            community, the AD may also choose to put it directly
            before the IESG. This document will then be processed in
            the same fashion as an Informational or Experimental
            document from a working group.
What this doesn't capture is the "AD Evaluation" step that preceeds
putting a document before the IESG. That phase is an important point
that is the focus of much discussion about what should be happening
during IESG review.
Read this in context (which I omitted) - this applies ONLY to non-WG, non-RFC-Editor documents, so the AD will have evaluated it before deciding it needs expedited processing. I think.
For other docs, the AD evaluation phase got explicitly added to the charter text I passed out on Monday.

Also, I don't personally put stuff on the IESG's agenda I am
shepherding until I've reviewed it and gotten revisions for things I
think need fixing (e.g, stuff I know the IESG will have an issue
with). The above makes it sound like that is what I should do.

Thomas