Re: Proposed resolution of the AD-shepherded info/experimental non-WG document issue

> >> 	    When an AD decides that an Informational or
> >>             Experimental document is of particular importance to the
> >>             community, the AD may also choose to put it directly
> >>             before the IESG. This document will then be processed in
> >>             the same fashion as an Informational or Experimental
> >>             document from a working group.

For many of the documents I shepherd, I'd have a hard time saying
(even after the AD review) that they are of "particular importance to
the community". So, am I not supposed to put those documents before the
IESG? :-)

Note: a document can enter the IESG via an AD adding the document to
ID Tracker and putting it in "publication requested" state. In my
mind, this is not unlike a document coming in via an RFC editor
request.

But I suspect that we don't have an RFC that exactly describes that
situation.

How about this  for a wording suggestion:

    In some cases, an individual will ask an AD directly if they are
    willing to shepherd a document through the IESG. This can happen,
    for example, when an individual has already been discussing a
    particular document with an AD because the topic of the document
    naturally falls into a particular area. In such cases, the
    document is processed in the same fashion as an Informational or
    Experimental document from a working group.

Thomas