Re: Proposed resolution of the AD-shepherded info/experimentalnon-WG document issue

I conclude that we do not have full consensus of the IESG on my proposed text. So I'm adding this to the telechat agenda; the draft of the IESG charter will go out with my proposed text and a "the IESG is discussing" note.

IESG secretary: Please place the following on the next telechat agenda under "management items":

Item name: AD-shepherded non-WG Info/Experimental documents

Writeup to be included in package:

RFC 2026 suggests that Info/Experimental non-WG documents "should" come to the IESG via the RFC Editor. We've had some exceptions to this; we need to describe what we do in such a way that the community knows what to expect.

Suggested texts for a policy:

1)

When an AD decides that an Informational or
Experimental document is of particular importance to the
community, the AD may also choose to put it directly
before the IESG. This document will then be processed in
the same fashion as an Informational or Experimental
document from a working group.

2)

In some cases, an individual will ask an AD directly if they are
willing to shepherd a document through the IESG. This can happen,
for example, when an individual has already been discussing a
particular document with an AD because the topic of the document
naturally falls into a particular area. In such cases, the
document is processed in the same fashion as an Informational or
Experimental document from a working group.

Harald