Re: Query about Handle System documents

----- Begin Included Message -----

>From ssun@cnri.reston.va.us  Tue Apr  8 13:17:28 2003
From: "Sam X. Sun \(@s2000\)" <ssun@cnri.reston.va.us>
To: "Bob Braden" <braden@ISI.EDU>
Subject: Re: Query about Handle System documents
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 16:17:18 -0400

Bob,

Yes, you are correct. The document "draft-irtf-idrm-handle-system-03.txt"
should be superceded by the second document
"draft-sun-handle-system-10.txt". Therefore, please discard the document
"draft-irtf-idrm-handle-system-03.txt" .

The confusion was raised because we presented the handle system at the IDMR
RG and the group decided to published the handle system documents as working
group documents. But later on, we received comments from IESG suggesting
that, along with some other comments, the documents should be individual
documents because the work is mostly done outside of the RG. We made some
modifications to the documents to address those IESG comments and later on
submitted them as individual submission.

I'm sorry for the confusion and many thanks for your help!

Best regards,
Sam Sun
CNRI