secretariat process clarifications with regards to evaluations

A couple of observations (having been bitten last week).

The ID tracker lists the steps for getting protocol actions onto the
agenda:

1) Last call
2) need writeup (there is a "waiting for writeup state")
3) waiting for AD go ahead (in case the Last Call raised issues, etc.)
4) on agenda

Only after step 3 can a document show up on the agenda.

In the past I (and probably others) would send in a writeup and expect
the evaluation to go out and the document to show up on the
next agenda. But that didn't happen for me last week like I
expected. :-(

But thinking about it, I wasn't clear enough, and we probably need to
adjust our thinking so that we are all on the same page and know the
proper steps.

What I think should happen:

1) having a writeup is a precondition for an evaluation going out. A
   document blocks in a waiting for writeup after the LC ends.

2) writeup needs to go in. (secretariat needs to do their thing,
   changing to state "waiting for  AD go ahead".

3) AD asks to put on agenda, moves to next state. This action causes
   the evaluation to get sent out (it shouldn't go out until AD
   go-ahead has been given)

So, to be clear, be sure when sending in an evaluation whether you
also want the evaluation to be sent out and the document to go on the
next agenda. Secretariat will not (should not) make assumptions about
our intentions. In the past, the assumption has been "send out the
evaluation immediately". But the correct one is probably "sent it out
only when the AD says to.

Make sense?

Note, Russ, secsh-dns got tripped up I think because of inconsistant
assumptions about what was supposed to happen. You must have done the
writeup at the same time you asked for the Last Call, and the
evaluation did go out, and it did appear on the agenda... I guess the
rest of us haven't historically been so quick to get our writeups in...

Thomas