Re: draft-chiba compatibility with Diameter review of Chiba 19

Bernard Aboba wrote:
Hi ALl,
	If I understand this correctly the Authorize-Only triggers the NAS to
send an Access-Request (after the NAK).  Since, username contains
domain, this is not enough as a domain could have multiple servers for
redundancy and this request needs to go back to a particular server(?)
and hence we need the State attribute?

It is possible that the State Attribute will be needed. Use is optional.

Fair enough, but I am trying to understand the usefulness of the State Attribute. What specific problem does its use solve? Also, if the originator is not the recipient of the Access-Request, then the security implications need to be worked out, ie. do you trust the Access-Accept? Maybe it SHOULD be restricted to the originator??

THanks,
Murtaza