Re: draft-allocchio-gstn-05.txt concern

Well, given your statement that your specification shouldn't be
applied to LDAP telephone numbers AND an IESG member commented
stating that your I-D defines the "preferred" syntax for telephone
numbers in comment to a recent LDAP draft, implies that your
I-D is not as clear as it should be.  Like the IESG member, I
read your specification as applying to telephone numbers in
general (though defining syntax capable of supporting additional
dial sequence capabilities).  I think the I-D needs to be clarified
here.

As far as the applicability of your specification to
future specifications, I argue that is a matter for
the authors of future specifications to determine.
The "MUST" (as defined by RFC 2119) is an implementation
imperative and hence is misused in the sentence below
as doesn't apply to implementations of this specification
but to creators of future specifications.  I believe my
concerned are consistent with ballot comments by Thomas
and Allison.

Kurt