Re: draft-rfc-editor-rfc2223bis-04.txt

the main reason to use IDs as a path to the RFC Editor was to
ensure that the proper IPR disclosures had been made but
we did not pay attention to the copyright issue that John brought
up - and the issue has not surfaced since then I expect mostly because
most people submitting a document for RFC publication are fine with
the way it works now - Bill Manning is the only exception I
can recall (other than John)

John & I have been exchanging private mail and may be close to
a recommendation on how to proceed

Scott