Re: draft-ietf-ppvpn-requirements-06

--On onsdag, mai 14, 2003 22:23:26 -0700 Alex Zinin <zinin@psg.com> wrote:

Russ,

How about we address this with an rfc-ed note:

Section 1:

OLD:
       This document describes requirements for two types of network-based
       L3 PPVPNs: aggregated routing VPNs [RFC2547bis] and virtual routers
       [PPVPN-VR] and one type of CE-based PPVPN [IPsec-PPVPN].

NEW:
       This document describes requirements for three types of
network-based        L3 PPVPNs: aggregated routing VPNs [RFC2547bis],
virtual routers        [PPVPN-VR], and one type of CE-based PPVPN
[IPsec-PPVPN].

are IPsec-PPVPNs a type of network-based L3 PPVPN?

I parsed the initial sentence (with a bit of eyestrain) as:

This document describes requirements for
 - two types of network-based L3 PPVPNs
    - aggregated routing VPNs [RFC2547bis]
    - virtual routers [PPVPN-VR]
 - one type of CE-based PPVPN [IPsec-PPVPN].

which is different from how I parse Alex' replacement.

                   Harald, always making things more complex